Responding To COVID-19
Hunt Street Station’s Response to COVID-19
As the CDC updates their guidelines for COVID-19, so does Hunt Street. We are well aware of the constant changes and we thank our members for being patient with us as we create new guidelines for our community. You can read the updated CDC guidelines here.
Members are allowed to remove their masks in the building if they are fully vaccinated, including the two week waiting period after your second shot of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or your first shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. You will still need to continue wearing a mask if you:
- Are not fully vaccinated (see note above about the two week waiting period)
- Cannot get vaccinated
- Have a suppressed immune system
- Are sick or have been around someone that is sick
- Don’t feel comfortable without your mask
We are not going to require that members submit proof of vaccination, but we are expecting that our members will be honest and that those of you that need to wear masks will do so until fully vaccinated. If the CDC policy does change again, we will also review and update our policies as well.
While rules may change we will continue to do our part to protect our community please see everything else we are doing to keep you healthy.
- Nine HEPA air purifiers throughout the building that remove particles from the air, including viruses
- UV lights are installed on all furnaces to kill bacteria and viruses that are in the air
- Open windows on all floor for better circulation of fresh air
- High quality air filters (MERV-13) that captures airborne particles including bacteria and viruses
- Two large outdoor work areas that don’t require masks for any members
Tours and Events
All visitors are required to follow our community guidelines regarding face coverings.
We are excited to be able to resume our community fitness and yoga in person at Hunt Street. Friday Happy Hours are back on as well starting this week (6/4) on the second floor deck
Hunt Street Station Member Guidelines (What We ask of You)
- If you need to wear a mask (see above), please make sure you have it on when you are up and about – entering, exiting or using any common spaces. Masks are not needed while sitting at your desk or in your private office. If you do not have a mask, please ask for one
- Be considerate when you are up and about. Not everyone has, or can, get a vaccine. Give space if you are unsure
- Avoid handshakes, high-fives, or other physical contact until you confirm with the other person that it is ok with them
- Inform any visitors of these guidelines
- Clean the desk and area when you are done using the disinfectant spray and paper towels provided.
- Capacity is back to pre-pandemic numbers. Mahone Room – 8 People – Balogun – 12 People
- Please continue to clean off tables and whiteboards when finished in conference room
Hunt Street Station’s Response to COVID-19
- We have placed spray bottles of hand sanitizer around the building for everyone’s convenience. Please feel free to use this to clean your space and your hands, as necessary.
- Masks will be provided for those who don’t have one, but we ask members, guests, and staff who are in the space daily to provide their own masks as supplies can be difficult to obtain and quantity limits are still in place for many items.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds using soap. Use your arm or sleeve when coughing or sneezing, not your hands, and use hand sanitizer if hand washing is not possible. Dispose of any tissues immediately (discard in closed trash cans) and wash your hands or use sanitizer any time you have used tissues.
- If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19, seek medical attention immediately and please remove yourself from the space. If you feel sick or unwell – stay home. For further information on how to protect against infection, check out the CDC guidelines.
- If you learn that you are infected with COVID-19 and you have been to Hunt Street Station in the last 14 days, please inform us immediately so we can take appropriate action.
Workspaces, Meeting Rooms, Lounge, Copy & Mail Areas, Phone Booths:
- Common areas, high-traffic areas, door handles, and light switches will be cleaned with sanitizer on a regular basis.
- Meeting room tables and chairs, credenzas, and remote controls will be cleaned with sanitizer after every meeting.
- Every member MUST wipe down their work area BEFORE and AFTER they use it.
- While moving around the building, members are asked to wipe down any common surface area they have touched such as the copy machine, coworking station, or lounge/kitchen countertops. Cleaning supplies will be provided throughout the space.
- Sanitation stations are located on the 1st and 3rd floor in the open areas and next to the printers. We also have spray bottles of sanitizer in the kitchens to clean any surfaces that are touched.
- We have installed higher grade filters on all of our furnaces as well as UV lights to help keep our air as clean as possible. We will also be leaving at least one window in each public space open to improve ventilation and provide more fresh air in our space.
- The furnaces will be set to run more frequently, even when heating and cooling are not needed, to keep air circulating and to maximize fresh air intake
- We’ve purchased multiple HEPA filters that occupy all the spaces in our building to clean the air.