Celebrating Women at Hunt Street Station
A Year of Setbacks
The last year has honestly been a major challenge for women. Virtual school required one parent to stay home, and many childcare centers were closed for months. That forced many families to sacrifice one parent’s career. Unfortunately, that disproportionately affected women, setting back their careers after having experienced more than enough challenges already.
Growth in Entrepreneurship
Women have made a lot of progress over the last couple decades, and much of that has been led by entrepreneurs like those setting up shop at Hunt Street Station. In the last 20 years, the number of women-owned businesses has more than doubled and today, women own 40% of all businesses in the US. Even more exciting Is that since the year 2000, the number of businesses started by women of color have grown 500%, with over 250 African American women and over 225 Latina women opening businesses Every. Single. Day. And it’s not just small businesses. In 2019, 10 companies owned by women made over $1 billion.
The Women of Hunt Street Station
We know that it can be challenging to start a business. There can be significant overhead costs that require capital many new entrepreneurs just don’t have. But with the flexible membership rates and copious amenities at Hunt Street Station, more women have access to a professional office space that can help them achieve their dreams. In fact, there are 42 female members of the Hunt Street Station family. Whoop! Whoop! Here are just a few of them:
- Tiffany Hilson & Tara Adams – Suite2012
- Cassandra Jones-Mc-Bryde: Award winning social entrepreneur and founder of The International Willer Women Network
- Diana Crawford – Buttons and Change
- Jeanita Ross – JMR Tax Services
- Katrina Watkins – Bailey Park Project
- Gail Perry-Mason: Founder of Money Matters for Youth
- Khalilah Burt Gaston: Founder of Glidepath Strategies
- Lisa Okasinski: Owner of the Law Office of Lisa M. Okasinski
- Olivia Vizachero: Certified Life Coach and Criminal Defense & Civil Litigation Attorney
Let’s hear it for all these outstanding women! We celebrate your success!
The year of COVID-19 delt women a major setback. But we know that they can overcome any challenge and bounce back stronger than ever before. We’re here to support any women out there looking to open a business or take a home-based business to the next level. You’ll always find support at Hunt Street Station.